Air Fryer Salmon with Best Glaze (VIDEO)
Air Fryer Salmon is the quickest and easiest way to cook salmon. You’ll have perfectly cooked, juicy salmon on the table in 10 minutes, ready to serve with your favorite side dishes.
We love using the air fryer to cook everything from Air Fryer Chicken Wings to Air Fryer Baked Potato. Who doesn’t love having dinner ready in a fraction of the time? Check out the video below to see how easy it is to make succulent salmon in the air fryer.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
What makes this recipe truly special is the glaze. The lemon Dijon glaze we use for this recipe is based on the wildly popular Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon, adapted to the air fryer. Zesty fresh citrus and tangy mustard paired with salmon is a match made in heaven.
The air fryer is always saving our bacon on busy weeknights (sometimes literally, in the case of Air Fryer Bacon!). Here’s why the air fryer is one of the best ways to cook salmon:
- Quick – The air fryer yields juicy cooked salmon in just 10 minutes. You don’t even need to preheat the fryer.
- Best Texture – The speediness of the air fryer makes it slightly crisp on the edges and so juicy in the center.
- Flavorful – The mouthwatering lemon Dijon glaze takes this air fryer salmon recipe over the top. It’s simple yet memorable, and there’s no marinating required.
- Versatile – Salmon pairs well with so many sides, from fresh salads to rice. See more serving options below.
Air Fryer Salmon Video
Watch Natasha cook perfect salmon fillets in the air fryer in minutes. This recipe is fast and easy enough for weeknights, with tons of flavor.
Below is an overview of what you’ll need to make juicy air fryer salmon. Please refer to the full recipe details in the recipe card further on.
- Salmon – You can buy 4 smaller, pre-portioned salmon fillets, or one large fillet and cut it into four.
- Olive Oil – Use a good quality extra virgin olive oil for the glaze.
- Dijon – Creamy Dijon mustard compliments the rich salmon flavors and balances the acidity.
- Lemon – You’ll need the zest and juice from a fresh lemon. Be sure to zest the lemon before juicing it.
- Seasoning – Garlic powder, freshly cracked black pepper, plus fine sea salt.
- Parsley – For optional garnish.
Pro Tip: Some wild-caught salmon filets are leaner and thinner and will cook faster as a result. Farmed salmon or wild Alaska king salmon is often thicker with a higher fat content which can take slightly longer to cook but is more forgiving if slightly over-cooked.
How to Cook Salmon in Air Fryer
Even if you’re new to air frying, this simple salmon recipe is perfect for beginners. Here’s how easy it is:
- Add Salmon to the Air Fryer – Oil the basket of your air fryer, then add the salmon fillets. Make sure they’re arranged in a single layer with enough space for the air to circulate.
- Glaze – Next, whisk together the lemon Dijon glaze ingredients. Gently brush the glaze over each fillet.
- Cook – Air fry the fillets at 400ºF for 7-10 minutes. The exact time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillet and your air fryer model (see my tip below).
- Serve – Plate the salmon and sprinkle over some lemon zest and lemon juice. You can also slice up an additional lemon and chop up fresh parsley to use as a garnish.
For this recipe, we don’t preheat. The air fryer cooks the salmon so quickly that we skip this step.
You can use skin-on or skinless salmon for this recipe. We prefer skinless salmon, so that’s what we used.
We have and love both and either one will cook this salmon perfectly. The toaster oven style simply cooks a little faster so keep an eye on the cooking time which will be closer to 7-8 minutes, while a basket style will take closer to 10 minutes.
Salmon is done when the flesh flakes if you press it with a fork. You can also check that the internal temperature reaches 145ºF on an instant-read thermometer at the thickest part of the salmon filet.
We love the flavor of the lemon glaze in this recipe, but you can easily mix it up if you’d like to try something different. Here are just a few salmon marinade variation ideas:
What to Serve With Air Fryer Salmon
This easy salmon recipe is effortless enough for weeknight dinners, and “fancy” enough to serve when we entertain. Serve it with:
Air fryer salmon is great to make ahead and perfect for easy meal prep. Here’s how to store your cooked salmon and leftovers:
- To Refrigerate: Store your salmon fillets airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: Cooked salmon can be stored frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost the salmon in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- To Reheat: Salmon can be reheated either in the air fryer, in the microwave, or in the oven. Gently warm the fish until heated all the way through, then serve.
Ways to Use Leftover Salmon
If you have a lot of leftovers, this salmon fillet recipe is wonderful to upcycle into a whole new meal the following day. Below are some of our favorite ways to use leftovers:
- Salmon Cakes – Shred the cooked leftover salmon to use in homemade salmon patties.
- Salad – Serve cold, cooked salmon fillets in a fresh Avocado Salmon Salad or Salmon Cobb Salad.
- Breakfast – Serve salmon over bagels or in eggs benedict, drizzled with Hollandaise Sauce.
- Soups – Shredded salmon makes a delicious, high-protein addition to soups and chowders (like this easy Corn Chowder).
Prepare to be blown away by how easy it is to cook perfect salmon in the air fryer. You’ll never want to cook it any other way!
Salmon Recipes in our Cookbook!
Our first cookbook is finally available to order here and we’re so excited to share it with you. Since we are major salmon fans, we definitely included some delicious new salmon recipes in this book that are sure to become new favorites for you. Get a sneak peek here.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Whenever dinner is time-sensitive and we still want something healthy and homemade, the air fryer is our go-to. If you loved this easy air fryer salmon recipe, wait until you try these other quick and easy meal ideas:
Easy Air Fryer Salmon with the Best Glaze
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Have juicy, perfectly cooked Air Fryer Salmon on the table in 10 minutes with this easy air fryer recipe. It’s one of the quickest and best ways to cook salmon for any occasion!
Dinner, Main Course
air fryer salmon, easy salmon recipes, salmon in air fryer
Cost to Make:
$10-$20 varies by season
Servings: 4 servings
Grease the bottom of your air fryer basket with cooking spray or brush with oil to prevent sticking. Arrange salmon filets in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
In a small bowl, stir together the oil, dijon, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brush the mixture over the top and sides of each filet. Air fry at 400ºF for 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet and the type of air fryer you have. Air fry until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF on an instant-read thermometer.
Transfer cooked salmon to a platter, grate lemon zest over the salmon and squeeze lemon juice over the top to serve. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze more juice if desired.
Easy Air Fryer Salmon with the Best Glaze
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Vitamin A 70IU1%
Vitamin C 0.5mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.