Give this beloved appetizer a flavorful upgrade with Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese, which provides a creamy counterpoint to the sweet dates and salty, smoky bacon. Adding a mix of maple syrup, rosemary, and spices near the end of baking provides a flavorful lacquer that adds to the irresistibility of these bites.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 8 – 12 serving(s)
- Cook Time:
- 45 mins
- Total Time:
- 50 mins
large Medjool dates
(5 oz.) container Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese
slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 1/4 c.
pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp.
finely chopped rosemary
- 3/4 tsp.
- 1/8 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp.
freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil (to catch drips) and fit with a wire rack; set aside.
- Step 2Halve dates lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through. Remove and discard pits. Fill center of each date with Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese. Wrap a piece of bacon around each date, making sure the ends meet underneath the date.
- Step 3Place dates, bacon seam side down, on prepared baking sheet. Bake until bacon fat is beginning to render out, about 20 minutes.
- Step 4In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, rosemary, paprika, cumin, and black pepper. Drizzle each date with maple syrup mixture.
- Step 5Continue to bake drizzled dates until bacon is crispy, about 15 minutes more.
Laura Rege is a Food Stylist and Recipe Developer who regularly contributes recipes and styles videos and photos for Delish. If she isn’t in the Delish kitchens, you’ll most likely find her out on the town looking for the next food trends in the US and on her travels abroad.