Linguini and Shrimp Fra Diavolo
You’ll love this spicy, Italian-American Shrimp Fra Diavolo served over linguini, perfect for seafood lovers!
Linguini and Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Shrimp Fra Diavolo is a classic Italian-American seafood dish that’s perfect for spice lovers. This recipe combines succulent shrimp with a bold and spicy tomato sauce, served over a bed of linguini. It’s easy to make and comes together in about 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight cooking! More quick and easy shrimp recipes are Shrimp and Grits, Air Fryer Shrimp and Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta.
What is Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Shrimp Fra Diavolo is a spicy Italian-American seafood dish. The name “Fra Diavolo” translates to “Brother Devil” in Italian, which gives an idea of the fiery spiciness of this dish. It typically consists of sautéed shrimp in a spicy tomato Fra Diavolo sauce, served over a bed of pasta. You can adjust the heat to your taste.
How To Make
To make my Shrimp Fra Diavolo, you’ll need a large skillet and a few key ingredients, including fresh shrimp, canned crushed tomatoes, fresh garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, capers and basil or parsley. The dish is typically served over spaghetti, but I like to use linguine, or fettuccine, use any other type of pasta you prefer.
- Spice: One of the great things about this dish is that it’s easy to customize to your personal taste preferences. If you like your food extra spicy, you can add more red chili flakes to the tomato mixture. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the amount of spice or omit it altogether.
- Shrimp: You can also experiment with different types of seafood, such as scallops, lobster, mussels or clams.
- Herbs: I use fresh basil because my husband loves it but you can also use fresh parsley or fresh oregano.
- Pasta: I used linguini but you can use spaghetti, bow ties, or any pasta shape you like. You can use wheat or gluten-free.
- Low Carb Options: If you want to enjoy this as a low-carb meal, serve it over spaghetti squash or a bowl of roasted vegetables.
More Shrimp Recipes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 2 cups
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
While the water is heating up, heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
Stir in the garlic and cook until golden, about one minute.
Add the shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes to brown but not cook through; sprinkle with salt to taste.
Transfer the shrimp to a plate, leaving garlic in the pan.
Pour the remaining teaspoon of olive oil and add the celery and onions; cook 2 minutes then add the crushed tomatoes, season with salt and crushed red pepper and bring to a simmer.
Lower the heat and let it simmer about 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add pasta to water and cook according to package directions for al dente.
Once the sauce is ready, add the shrimp and cook another minute or two; remove from heat and add the capers.
Serve in a large bowl over pasta topped with fresh basil and fresh black pepper. Optional, Parmesan cheese on the side.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 cups, Calories: 385 kcal, Carbohydrates: 56 g, Protein: 29.5 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 182 mg, Sodium: 570 mg, Fiber: 10 g, Sugar: 9.5 g